Tite Terrific Tune Tuesday

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Go.

Song: Won’t Back Down
Artist: Mat Kearney
Album: Nothing Left to Lose

This is a complex song that has a simple meaning; a meaning that we should be reminded of everyday.

I think this song talks about someone who is struggling in life. Maybe even considering suicide:

The longest fight I've seen
Here goes a chance I know
Cashing in on all my chips
Let all my ships come fly
These days, a little bit longer than the last…

But for someone reason, this person was given another chance to live:

And all of your ways, a little bit stronger than the past
And your light, found my bottle in the night
Kept me in this fight and gave me second life…

And because of this new view and excitement of life, is recharged and ready to stand strong, find their purpose, and make a difference:

And I won't back down
I won't turn around and around
And I won't back down
Doesn't matter what comes crashing down
I'm still gonna stand on solid ground.

Kearney ends the song with Hallelujah, praising God, for this new outlook.

I love Mat Kearney’s songs because he so artfully tells of God’s huge and majestic powers. I’m sure I’ll touch on some more of his songs.

End.

0 comments: