Thrilling Tasteful Tangible Tantalizing Totally Tite Terrific Tune Tuesday

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Go.

So, I think I first heard this song when our amazing FCA praise band led it in worship one Tuesday. David Crowder released this song as a single, BUT I just discovered that someone from Charlotte actually wrote it and happens to be the brother of my photography professor I had last semester. His name is John Mark McMillan and click here to get the background on when and why he wrote the song. (I have the David Crowder version below without any intro).

Well, I think this song is pretty self-explanatory, but the lyrics really capture the beauty of our good and great God. I love having this song that allows me to sing it out to Him. So just press play below and reflect on some of the words I took out:



I listened to the song the other day while I was sitting on the beach back home. It was unusually windy and from the very start of the song, I was aware of God’s presence and the beauty He created around me:

Loves like a hurricane, I am a tree,
Bending beneath the weight of his wind and mercy.

Love this one!
When all of a sudden,
I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory,
And I realize just how beautiful You are,
And how great Your affections are for me.

Oh how He loves us

When I was at the beach, the ocean part overwhelmed me because as far as I could look, all I saw was the big blue sea:
We are His portion and He is our prize,
Drawn to redemption by the grace in His eyes,
If grace is an ocean, we’re all sinking.

I want my heart to do this every time I think of His love. I don’t want to be able to sit still:
And my heart turns violently inside of my chest,
I don’t have time to maintain these regrets,
When I think about, the way…


Done.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the song and hadn't hear it before! Thanks so much for sharing and bringing it to my attention through your writings. :) What a girl. :)

Anonymous said...

heard.... dw